Sunday, August 14, 2022

Sunday Music Muse Day - Lionel Loueke , Paul Silbergleit

This day's Sunday Music Muse Day has me basking in the glow of a happy  event coming this week, a online reunion with friend and family from the youth.  I'll relate details later.  First selection is Lionel Loueke, Close Your Ryes.  It a trio session to Loueke on guitar and vocal, Reuben Rogers on acoustic bass, and Eric Harland on drums. Interestingly, the playlist has several well known tunes from Wayne Short, Miles Davis and John Coltrane, but not any originals by any of the band members.  That's a minor disappointment for me, still is a good CD, as the trio offers good takes on classics.




Next, we have Paul Silbergleit, January.  Generally, I just bought this on the picture of him holding a jazz guitar, although checking  my CD list I do have an earlier CD of his.  Reading the liner notes it seem he is part of the local jazz scene in Milwaukee ILL.  It made me think of guitarist  Bob Sneider and our local jazz scene, proving good music can be found outside major cities like New York and Los Angeles.  Silbergleit strong set of straight ahead jazz originals would fit nicely in the Rochester Jazz Festival line up.





So, I hope everyone can find a way to stay safe, cool, sane, in these still chaotic time. The right music well help, enjoy.

No comments: