Sunday, August 9, 2026

Wild West - Character art by Doug Wildey

Here's a preview of images I'll use for a Journeyman Artist Timeline Tale video, soon. "The Wild West" - Unproduced Animated TV series Pitch". Back between season 1 & 2 of ExoSquad, Will Meugniot asked me to do some character designs for a western series that he and Doug Wildey were also doing sketches. I did my best to keep up to their high standards.

I never met him Doug face to face, but talked to him on the phone when Will Meugniot, who knew him well, ask me to use him for a storyboard for ExoSquad. I was nervous at the thought of talking to him. I called, and our first exchange was so memorable, to me. I introduced myself by name and he replied, “well, I never heard anything bad about you, so I guess you’re alright.” From a great artist like him, I’ll take that as a compliment. I have xerox copies of concept drawings he did for a western cartoon series pitch that didn’t happen, It might have been some of the last work he did before passing away." Here's some of the art Doug Wildey did for "Wild West".











I'll do proper labelimg when I do the video, but for try to guess who did which drawing?

No comments: