Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Mr Beast and other alternate Action Figure Toy Lines.

In my role as The Serial Accumulator of toys, I was browsing the toy section at Target and came across the Mr Beast latest toy release, Mr Beast Lab Hybrids.  


I first became interested in the Mr Beast Lab Mutators action figures that came with cool "Mutation Chamber".  It reminded me of the mutation tanks in the ExoSquad animated TV series that was used to make Neo-Sapiens Creatures.  I bought a MR Beats Lab Mutation Chamber with the Iconic Panther. I actually looked better than the ExoSquad NeoCat action figure based on my original design.








I actually, totally forgot I had a Chamber in my Warrior in the Mist comic from 1972. 

It seems Mr Beast is a pretty successful media property, including animated series. I scan the QR code on the back of the MrBeast Lab Hybrids and it liked me to the animated series on Youtube. I watched the collection and found it very funny and enjoyable. 


In checking the credits, I spotted a familiar name, Henry Gilroy, one of the series' executive producer and writer.  I recently intereacted with Henry for the Kepyr Foundation Thundercats Art auction. Of course, Henry is best known for his work on many major animated series. I remember him for writing one of my favorite Dark Horse Comic stories Alien: Mondo Pest.  It's show what a small world it could be. Check out the Mr Beast animate series.  It's one of several toy related mini-series I'm cominfg across. Like the DC Metal Force that's a series of short supporting the minor toyline.


Another is an action figure toy line I found at the Dollar General store, Final Faction supported by comic and a animated series on Youtube. 


I'm also keeping an eye out of off-branks action figures like these. The package design can be more interesting than the figures. But, they're a lot cheaper than GI Joes, Star Wars, and Marvel action figures



I'll have to do a more detailed video, sometime.







No comments: