Monday, August 31, 2026

Sunday Music Muse Day - RIP Gene Bertoncini

This Sunday Music Muse Day finds us saddened by the news of the passing jazz guitarist Gene Bertoncini.   I believed I came late to the party knowing Gene Bertoncini playing and music.  My first expose was buying  the CD by guitarist Steve Greene, who I saw at perfoeming with the group The White Hots at Jazz 90.1 event at the Artisan House. I posted about the "Gene with Greene" in February 2020 and proceeded to acquire eight more Gene Bertoncini CDs.  His name on CD becomes a "must Buy".   I'm sorry I never got to see him play live, in person, since I have several musican friends who played with, and knew him personally.  



My sincere condolences to his family and all his friends. His musical legacy will keep him in our hearts for ever.  RIP ,Gene, and thanks for the music.


No comments: