Sunday, January 14, 2024

Sundy Music Muse Day - Marcin Wasilewski Trio, Michael Cain, Ralph Alessi, Peter Epstein

On this Sunday Music Muse Day, we just outside the range of the massive snow storm event hitting Buffalo, NY, causing the NFL playoff game to be postponed to Monday afternoon. But it's still a little snowy, and bitter cold here in Rochester.  I'm quite happy to stay in, stay warm, and enjoy these two ECM releases. First up, the Marcin Wasilewski Trio, the leader on piano, Slawomir Kurkiewicz on double bass, and Michel Miskewicz on drum.  I admit I never heard of these musicians, except I came across their CDs in posts on the ECM Facebook group.  Since, I'm a big fan of ECM records, I'll any of their releases a try.  I like this trio for it introspective ECM feel.  





This next ECM release, like the first, was another leap of faith. Michael Cain, Ralph Alessi, and Peter Eptstein Circa.  This trio with Cain on piano, Alessi on Trumpet and Flügelhorn, and Epstein on soprano and tenor saxophones.  I didn't enjoy CD as much as the first, as some of the tunes came off too pretentious. But still worth a listen. 




Again, for friends in upstate New York, and other areas enduring heavy snow and cold weather, stay warm, stay safe.  Enjoy.


No comments: