Friday, January 19, 2024

Better late than never.  Here's my monthly musical tribute to jazz artists who have a birth in January. Jazzy Birthday is a tune, written in 1978, with the original title "More or Les". The "Les" in the title refers to a old friend of Les Bernstein, not Les Paul the great guitar player, and father (inventor) of the solid body electric guitar, although it could, also. This jazzy tune was inspired my a jam session I have with Les (B.) when we work together at an animation company back in late '70s. The tune was my early attempt at jazz chord melody, It laid dormant until I posted a video in 2009. I wrote the lyrics Jazzy Birthday about that time. Actually, it was the first lyrics I'm wrote since the 1980's. It seems I could never pull off playing the tune and singing it at the same time. Finally, technology solved the problem.



No comments: