Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday Music Muse Day - Neil Cowley Trio, Nils Petter Molvaer

This Sunday Music Muse Day features some spacy music. First up is Neil Cowley Trio Spacebound Apes. The io is Neil Cowley on piano, Rex Horan on bass, and Evan Jenkins on drums. Addition musicians:  Leo Abrahams on guitar and efx and Angus West, Oliver Fitzgerald-Lombard,  Craig Macdonald, and James Mildred on french horns. All these guys are new to me. I admit bought this CD purely for the cover and insert art hinting at a sci-fi space theme.  It actually an interesting concept album developed as a multimedia project.  The music is as spacy as the images. I highly recommend checking out the website to view the videos that go with the music.







.


The CD included a vinyl sticker.  I'll find a spot for it.


My second choice is Nils Petter Molvaer ER.  This CD is spacy in the modern Acid Jazz way. Again you can hear echoes of Miles Davis' electronic band explorations. I featured another release of his last month.  I'll have to look for more.




It actually feel like summer out today. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it.


No comments: