Sunday, April 10, 2022

Halo Infinity steel case, and others

The new Halo TV series just starting streaming recently, and being a fan, I couldn't resist buying this steelbook case for the Halo Infinity video game.  even though I don't have Xbox or PC to play the game.  I'm just a sucker for steelcase boxes for DVDs, Blu-Rays and games.  They might add some value in re-sale, but I really only buy ones of films I like.  Each one has a story.



The Halo infinity will join my collection that started with the Quake III Arena video game.  It was a PC release, but I only played Playstation games, so I the steelcase package and sold the PC game to co worker.


King Kong is my favorite all time movie, and this is the Peter Jackson digital restored version in a Collector Edition.  The Band of Brother is the complete set of the HBO series.  I got this after I watched the series on a set of DVDs borrowed from the public library, and wanted my own copy.



This Disney Treasures DVD set , Tomorrowland with extra goodies.



Call of the Duty, game, and RoboCop the movie definitely scratch my itch for armored battlesuits.



The added kick with Call of Duty is Glen Schofield, co-founder of Sledgehammer Games, is an old friend co-worker on the Adventures of  The Galaxy Rangers animated TV series.  I think it might have been his first professional art job.   He did very well for himself. 



Immortal is a cool film by artist Enki Bilal from comic stories featured in Heavy Metal Magazine.  Worth tracking down if you haven't seen it. Watchmen -Tales of the Black Freighter is pulled from the graphic novel. Personally, I didn't for gory story in a story. I thought of selling the DVD many times.




Akira and Iria, two classic japanese anime.




These Appleseed anime movie are some of the first to go CGI.



Ghost in the Shell TV series.




Batman Gotham Knights is a shorts directed and animated by Japanese anime directors.  Spawn is collection of the HBO series, which buddy Frank Paur worked on. 



Fury are Das Boot are two very good war movies I enjoyed watching in the theaters. These are great collectible steelcases.




I almost forgot the other steelcase I got with the Overwatch Collector's set. Again, I never played the game, because I didn't own a Playstation 4. This set with all the extras was too good to pass up.



Well, as they say everyone needs a hobby.


No comments: