Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sunday Music Muse Day - Jack DeJohnette, Nils Petter Molvaer

This fine spring Sunday Music Muse Day find us having another light snow day. Yeah, that's spring up in upstate New York.   We try to enjoy it the best we can. For me, I'll just play some good tunes from ECM Records, a favorite label of mine. First up, Jack Dejohnette ONENESS.  I love Dejohnette's drumming, and as a leader he presents some interest groups.  I find this to be one of more subdued outings  but still very satisfying.




My second choice, Nils Petter Molvaer Solid Ether is nice compliment to the DeJohnette CD, but this 1998 releases presents a mix of jazz and electronica.  A online review states trumpeter Molvaer credits Miles Davis as a major influence.  I can definitely hear echoes of Bitches Brew that in the session.  I admit I picked this up totally blind, not knowing anything about his music, only on the strength of the ECM label. I'll be looking for more of Molvaer's CDs.






It's late afternoon, and the sun is shining and snow's melting.  Lets count our small blessings.  Enjoy.

No comments: