Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sunday Music Muse day - Jack DeJohnette, Bill Frisell

This rainy Sunday Music Muse Day finds me listening to two of my favorite musicians, but finding both selections less than satisfying.  First is Jack DeJohnette "Zebra", which finds the famed jazz drummer and piano player, on only synthesizers, and accompanied by Lester Bowie on trumpet. The music is kind of interesting, but unmemorable at best.  From online info it was a soundtrack to a video project.  Critics state it's only for "DeJohnette completists", I'll have to agree with that.





My second selection is Bill Frisell / Kermit Driscoll / Joey Baron LIVE. This is live set recorded in Sevill, Spain., in October, 1991. Again, it's a pleasant enough performance of all Frisell originals, but I can't say it's the best I've heard him play.  Well, I guess even the best has an off night.




Well, at least the sun has returned this afternoon, so I'll take that as a good sign. Enjoy.


No comments: