Sunday, May 1, 2022

Sunday Music Muse Day - The Hot Club of San Francisco, Don Aliquo/Clay Jenkins Quartet

It's May 1st and looking like spring is finally here to stay. flowers and blooming and the grass has grown enough that I couldn't ignore not mowing it. So, after, some yard work I enjoyed these two selection. First up, The Hot Club of San Francisco Postcards from Gypsyland. Obviously this group is inspired the music of  legendary Quintette du Hot Club de France ("The Quintet of the Hot Club of France") with Gypsy guitarist Django Reinhardt and violinist Stephane Grappelli.  This nice 2006 release does the original icons proud.  Worth seeking out if you like music of The Hot Club of France. I also thought packaging was eye catching.







Next up, Don Aliquo/Clay Jenkins Quartet New Ties and Bind Trumpeter Clay Jenkins ia local artist who I've seen perform with Trio East with Rich Thompson and drums and Jeff Campbell on bass.   This quintet is new to me, but a solid unit with assembly of solid veteran players.  I'll enjoy this listening to CD for long time.




So, happy May Day, and onward to summer.



No comments: