Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday Music Muse Day - Jim Hall & Ron Carter, Bill Frisell, Ron Carter, and Paul Motian

We had nice weather this Sunday Music Muse Day, made more enjoyable with a short to the Brighton Farmer's market to catch part of the jazz music set by friends, Bob Snieder and Mike Melito, with Jimmy Highsmith, a local saxophonist. We hadn't seen Bob and Mike in over year.  Lisa and I picked some lunch from food truck to take back home. At home, I played today's selections, a sort of double play with Ron Carter in common, while I worked on my Inktober drawing for today.  First up, Jim Hall and Ron Carter Duo Alone Together.  This is just a classic 1973 Milesstone Records released album that should be in any jazz lover's collection. I never owned the original vinyl record, but remember taking it out of the Lincoln Center Music Library in NYC. I'm not sure I appreicated the quiet beauty of it in my mid-twenty, my Jazz Fusion period.  I'm happy to enjoy it now, helped by listening to the music of Bob and Mike.





My next selction, Bill Frisell, Ron Carter, Paul Motian, is trio session from 2006. Again, there is an enjoyable mix of what I call "Jazz Americana" in Bill Frisell music, that is just a pleasure to listen to and enjoy. The playing of veterans Ron Carter on bass, and Paul Motian on drums, make this a outstanding CD.



All in all a great day. 


No comments: