Monday, March 11, 2024

Sunday Music Muse Day (day-late) Dominic Miller, Julian Lage

This day late, Sunday Music Muse Day, has me featuring two guitarists I think of as part of the second, or third-generation of jazz guitarists after the first I was introduced to, like John McLaughlin, Pat Metheny, Larry Coryell, and Pat Martino, and others. Mainly, guitarists playing jazz-fusion in the 70's and 80's. First up, Julian Lage Speak to Me. Reviewing his Wikipedia page, for a relatively young player, Lage has an impressive discography. Speak to Me is a subdued outing, but full of thoughtful, entertaining music.


My second choice, Dominic Miller Second Nature.  Again, Miller is a guitarist I really wasn't aware of except for seeing his name on a ECM recording (to be honest, I took a chance on this one because it was a cheaper price).  And, again, reviewing his Wikipedia page, I realized he's been building a impressive discography as a leader and sideman, most notably as the guitarist for many of String's post Police recordings.  I like hearing his nylon string guitar playing in various group combinations.  I'll definitely pick up his ECM recording next time I go CD shopping.




I like to found new music, well at least to me.  Hope you enjoy my sharing these.


No comments: