Sunday, February 11, 2024

Super Bowl Sunday - Old Teen Football art and and Dennis Fun Fact.

For Super Bowl Sunday, here's some old football art from my teen years and a Dennis Fun Fact. I played on a championship football team. Football was the only team sport I liked much. I played freshman HS football, but stopped after that because as a tall lanky 150 lb kid playing as a lineman, I was up against Jersey farm boys twice my weight. But, before that, I was on the inaugural Elizabeth PAL (Police Athletic League) Pop Warner football team for two seasons. Our first season, we were 3-3, the second season we were undefeated, with 5 wins and a tie. We played for, and won the championship on the November Sunday morning Lee Harvey Oswald was shot by Jack Ruby. I remember people yelling it from the sidelines. Strange, I know there are home movies of the game and the team, somewhere, taken by a coach with a 8mm camera. I had a trophy, which I gave to my brother when I left home. Not sure, he still has it. Enjoy the game, not matter who you're rooting for. GO Taylor!!


These are my concepts for a re-design of our high school uniform. Our school colors were Red & Black.





I like this group of action shots. No reference photo were used. You can see the sketchbook pages for the origin thumbnail explorations.

                              







No comments: