Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday Music Muse Day - Nels Cline, Rez Abbasi

This Sunday Music Muse day has me showcasing two CD that I need to spend some time with, before deciding if I like them, or not.  First up, The Nels Cline 4 Currents, Constellations, with Cline on acoustic and electric guitars, Julian Lage on Guitar, Tom Rainey on drums, and Scott Colley on acoustic bass.  I know of Nel Cline as a more "out there" alternative jazz player and I have CDs but Julian Lage, so I will put the effort in to give this a good listen.



Next is Rez Abbasi Bazaar. Again, I have several CDs of the guitarist's music and can find them enjoyable but sometimes hit or miss. Bazaar presents a cross-cultural blend of jazz and Indian music, with Indian vocals and sitar-guitar.  I'm trying to avoid any comparison to John McLaughlin Mahavishu/Shakti music.  So, again I'll try to give this so time to be digested.





Enjoy..


No comments: