Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sunday Music Muse Day - Ron Carter, Ron Carter and Jim Hall

This Sunday Music Muse Day is in tribute to the great Ron Carter, the legendary premier I actually jazz bassist. It actually started with airing of the movie documentary, Ron Carter Find the Right Note, on PBS. It was a great profile of Carter careers, offering revealing insight into a truly inspiring human being and genius musician. This film is a must-see for anyone interest in music and especially jazz fans.


I was thinking while watching the film, I'd like to hear whole versions of the music featured throughout it. Bop Shop Record had a copy of the soundtrack in their new release section, which I snapped up immediately.
 


Just by chance, I also came upon a another golden find, Ron Carter and Jim Hall Telepathy, this is a two disc CD set of two recordings of this stellar guitar/bass duo, Live at Village West (1984) and Telephone (1986), record live at the Concord Pavillion, August 1984.  These are intimate sessions, of subtle warm and interaction. They're a pleasure to the other Carter/Hall I have.




Again, I highly recommend seeing Ron Carter Finding the Right Notes film. It's very emotionally moving.  Enjoy.


No comments: