Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sunday Music Muse Day - Jade Warrior, Bruford.

This Sunday Music Muse Day finds me doing something I shouldn't do. Both selections are CDs of albums I had but no longer have because I sold my vinyl collection last year. In both cases, I liked the cover art too much to pass up, maybe even more than the music.  First up is Jade Warrior Way of the Sun. a progressive world music group, with the theme of this album focusing on Central and South America, as seen by the album art. The music is atmospheric and interesting, if you're in the right mood. I feel less guilty buying a CD copy since a cool mini-poster is included. (Actually, I was prompted to buy it when the CD popped up In a Bop Record Shop Facebook post.  I pass directly by Bop Shop on my way home from work every day)






Next up is Bruford Gradually Going Tornado, A 1979 release of the progressive rock fusion band led by drummer Bill Bruford of Yes and King Crimson, before his solo career and forming Earthworks.  This is another example of me liking the cover, and there are a couple of kickass tunes on the CD when you're in the mood for hard edge rock/fusion.





The cool days of fall has arrived, enjoy them and some good music.


No comments: