Sunday, April 11, 2021

Sunday Music Muse Day - Steve Khan, David Ashkenazy with Gilad Hekselman

This Sunday Music Muse Day finds us having a much needed rainy day. Our lawn are turning green and the trees are budding new leaves.  A great time to settle in with my first selection Steve Khan Pathwork. This CD continues the fusion guitar exploration of Latin/Afro Cuban rhythms he started back in the 1980s with his Eyewitness bands (with the cool cover art by Folon). This an excellent CD that will have tapping your feet and bobbing to the infectious Latin/Afro Cuban beats.




My second selection is a David Ashkenazy Out with It.  This drummer is new to me and I admit I picked up the CD because I have CDs of the guitar Gilad Hekselman. This CD offer a nice selection of well played tunes, a mix from Wayne Shorter, Bill Frisell, a Beatles' tune, and originals by the leader Ashkenazy.  I think of these players as part of the post-McLaughlin/Coryell/Metheny generation.  Well worth a listen.




So, as the saying goes, "April shower, brings May flowers", lets enjoy the rain and some good music, knowing bright days are ahead.  


No comments: