Sunday, March 28, 2021

Sunday Muse Muse Day - Jacob Young, Jan Akkerman

This Sunday Music Muse Day started dark, moody and rainy, but brighten up my mid-afternoon. My first selection fits the mood of the day, Jacob Young Forever Young. I admit I picked up this 2014 release purely on the fact its ECM record and it was lead by a guitarist, although I'd never hear him or the any musicians on the CD.  From the ECM FB group I learned most of musician are Polish.  I often see ECM releases posted to the group that I've never seen in my trips to the record shops. I can hear Pat Metheny's influence in Jacob Young' playing and over all the music is pleasant enough, just not really memorable. Still, I will probably keep it in mind for quiet nights and rainy afternoons.






Keeping with a European theme, my next selection is Jan Akkerman The Noise of Art.  Akkerman is Dutch and best known in the U.S. as the guitarist with the Focus and hit 'Hocus Pocus'. I have some post-Focus solo albums of Akkerman. I have admit this CD sound very dated, in 80's Rock Fusion way. So much so I doubt I'll keep it around long, either it's library donation or record shop trade in.  Sorry Jan.





Enjoy.

No comments: