Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sunday Music Muse Day - Gene Bertoncini & Steve Greene, Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock and jack DeJohnette

This Sunday Music Muse Day finds us enjoy a blank of fluffy snow and very cold morning.  Just the recipe for a these jazz choice to warm the heart.  First up is guitar duo Gene Bertoncini and Steve Green Gene with Green. This CD offers a selection of jazz standards played excellently by Bertoncini on nylon string classic guitar and Greene in steel string archtop guitar. They have a local contact as they meet at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester (Steve studied with Gene), forming a lasting friendship.  I'v had the pleasure of seeing Steve Greene play with the White Hots as will as having his Steve Greene Trio CD.  I hadn't seen Gene Bertoncini, yet, but hope he'll come the Rochester jazz festival, sometime.



To round out this quiet morning, Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock, Jack DeJohnette, Somewhere CD.  Another fine Live set on the ECM label.  Maybe it's a sigh of mellowing out in my old age, but I'm finding myself exploring a lot more piano trio music, than I used to.  Keith's music hits the spot as long his 'nee...nee...nee" vocalizing doesn't distract from the playing (sorry Jarrett fans, that drives me nuts).





All in all, it's a nice way to spend the day.  Enjoy

No comments: