Sunday, February 16, 2020

Sunday Music Muse Day - Doug Stone with Bob Snieder and Mike Melito

This  Sunday Music Muse Day find me, again, licking my wounds at missing the Bob Sneider Trio at Girasole Wine Bar.  This is the second time in a month I made reservations for Girasole gig, last time it was Mile Melito's Trio, but I got put on a waiting list and didn't get in.  At this point I've better luck scoring Rolling Stone tour tickets the a seat at Girasole.

So, I'll have to console myself with Bob and Mike playing on saxophonist Doug Stone's Motion CD.  My thanks to Tom Kohn owner of the Bop Shop Records for ordering some from Doug directly.  Tom says he going to bring Doug in for a concert. (You heard it here first, folks). In any case, it's a nice straight ahead jazz session with tasty playing all around. I hope the Bop Shop concert happens.


Luckily, I know I'll have a change to see Bob and Mike play, again soon.  Maybe I'll have to camp out in sleeping bag outside their next gig.  Lets hope for good weather.

No comments: