Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sunday Music Muse Day - John Abercrombie, Bill Frisell and Thomas Morgan, Larry Coryell

This week's Sunday Music Muse Day I'm still finds me listening to the music of John Abercrombie, who passed away last week.  It gives me a change to pull out his vinyl records and play them through the ION turntable I have connect to my computer.



But, I do have two new selections to share.  First is Bill Frisell and Thomas Morgan Small Town.  I missed this guitar and bass duo when the played the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival, held here in June.  I won't pass up a chance to see Frisell again.


Second, is Larry Coryell Live from bahia, a breezy CD from the late great guitarist, who we also lost recently.  This CD features drummer Billy Cobham, former member of John McLauglin's Mahavishu Orchestra, his him solo bands, and countless other musical credits.  I'm happily finding filling gaps in my Coryell collection.

So, that it for this week. Remember, music is you friend, and as a like a good friend it can help you through this stressful times.  Make use of that friend.


No comments: