Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Music Muse Day - Miles Davis Birth of the Cool , Medeski Martin and Wood - Last Chance to Dance Trance (perhaps)

This week's Sunday Music Muse Day post is short but sweet.   I dropped by the Hi-Fi Lounge, my local CD/record shop, and picked up these two CDs.  Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool.  Birth of the Cool really fills a major hole in my Miles Davis collection.  By all accounts this is another seminal Miles' grouping of musicians, like Gerry Mulligan, Lee Konitz, Max Roach, Kai Kinding and other, that went on to lead their own groups and define the West Coast Cool Jazz scene. I'm glad I found it.

 The other pick was the Medeski Martin and Wood - Last Chance to Dance Trance (perhaps) -Best of (1991-1996)  I must confess I have several CDs of these guys and I can't decide if I really like them on a consistent level.  That, said I still keep picking up their CD's, so there must be something their music that get my attention.  Enjoy




No comments: