Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Music Muse Day- ECM Records Radio,, and John Abercrombie - Timeless

I miss posting a  Sunday Music Muse Day last week because of Mother's Day.  But I'm back.  This week's Sunday Music Muse Day post is a celebration of my enjoying the ECM Records Radio itune channel. A follow member of the Jazz on Jazz FB page shared the link.  ECM Records is one of those rare labels that produces such a great, eclectic selection of music, and musicians, that I'm also willing to pick an ECM record of I'm artist I've never heard of, just because they are on ECM.   I've been listening to the ECM Records Radio this past week, when my normal Jazz station, Jazz 90.1 has other programing on. Today it played several tunes by guitarist John Abercrombie, a favorite musician of mine. Timeless, from the album of the same name, is one of my all time favorite tune. It's the perfect piece to listen to with headphones on, or late at night, for its meditative force to wash over you. Try it, you'll like it. With musical support of Jan Hammer, on Organ, Synth. and Piano, and Jack DeJohnette on drum, this album is the must have for any music lover. Enjoy.

No comments: