Saturday, September 29, 2007

Halo, Halo everywhere...and not a game to play.

The title is a lame twist on the famous "water, water, everywhere, but not a drop to drink" line (it might been from a Shakespeare play, but I'm not sure). Sadly for me I can't play Halo 3 since I don't own a XBox 360 and have no plans to buy one. Maybe when it's released for the PC (Microsoft "Games for Vista" line), I'll have a Intel Mac by that time and get a chance to play it that way, a year or two down the line.

In any case, Halo 3 was released this week and you had to have been living under rock or in a deep coma (or both) not to have been exposed to the hype and fan madness. Don't get me wrong I like Halo, very much! As a card carrying comic book, sci-fi, video gaming nerd-geek, I think it deserves all the attention it gets. Congratulations to all the creative artist, animators, game programmers and everyone connected to it, for a job well done.

So, in honor of Halo 3's release, here's a retrospective of Dragonfly Flipz concept pieces done based on the game taken from earlier posts here, or on other sites. I know my Game Flipz™ books would have been a great addition to their licensed product line, but it wasn't meant to be, I guess.

(P.S. I also wanted to test the Blogger movie upload feature to see if it's image quality was better than youtube, which sucks!)






This the alternate cover for the Halo 3 Game Flipz book. I ended up using it for the title page.

Here's the first pages of the Halo 3 Game Flipz book. Clip on the image to enlarge:


Here's the fake ad I did just before the official Halo laser tag toys were announced. I still think Hasbro's LazerTag product would have been a better choice. Hasbro has much better design and higher quality than Jazman, who will be making the official Halo laser tag stuff.


Here's the official Halo Laser Tag blasters coming out next month. (If the high prices I see posted for these are true, they'll be a real rip-off! I'll blog about that later, when they're released)



I actually picked up two Halo Mini-Pin sets of the weapons and some Wizkids Action Clix figures. I think they're cool, and reasonably priced. Here's a photo of the pins with my Halo Game Flipz books.

As you can see they would be a nice bundle. If you think so too, post a message to Bungie's fan board and link to this blog.

So, now that I've added my load of stuff to the Halo media overkill pile, enjoy.

No comments: