Monday, June 11, 2007

Super Soaker - BFG - Revised

(Here's a post I start on Animation Nation board with added follow up)

"So, my kids drags me to Target to get themselves a video game and SuperSoaker.

Ooo-My-God!!! Here's the biggest water Blaster (gun?) I've ever seen! The AQUASHOCK HYDROBLITZ !!! It's BFG (Big F***ing Gun from the video game Doom) of SuperSoaker set. This brute is about 2 1/2 feet long and weights about 3 lbs, empty! It holds a gallon and a half of water!

AquaShock HydroBlitz (next to a 30" baseball bat)


(It's not one my son wanted, thank goodness - Whew)
I realize the water guns have advanced in the last ten years or so, but, you could put out a building fire with this thing.

But, five minutes after the leaving the store, I wanted one, just for the sheer silliness of it. It will make a great prop for the sci-fi short, "The Backyard Arms Race", (feel free to use the idea,guys),at least that what I'll tell my wife, when I buy it.

I'll keep you posted, and watch your back this summer, your kid might be behind you with this monster."

Well, since I posted the above, I did buy the Hydroblitz for my other son, who loves it. He took it to his little league team's end of the season pool party and all jaws dropped when he entered. A new level of water armament had been reached. They loved it! The kids had a "Blast" in more way than one.

Just for fun, I searched on youtube and find this video profile on the inventor of the Super Soaker, Lonnie Johnson, an Aerospace Engineer from Los Angeles, California. I think it's very inspiring, and plan to share it with my kids to show how a using your brain doesn't mean you can't do something fun. Note how long it took to get a company interested in making to his invention. There has to be a lot of former toy executives kicking themselves for passing on this idea.



Thank, Mr. Johnson, summer would not have been as much fun without your invention.

No comments: