Saturday, June 16, 2007

StarCraft 2 Game Flipz Movie Posted

Finally, I got a chance to finish and post my new StarCraft 2 Game Flipz movie. I really like the way it came out.



Or on Gametrailers.com:
StarCraft 2 Game Flipz - Gametrailers.com

The StarCraft 2 trailer about 4 1.2 minutes long (scroll down to view it from the earlier post). That's over 16,200 video frames (at 30 frs/sec), so getting it down to 641 frames and 172 pages was a real challenge. I did two different covers, the first was a montage of screen shot from the trailer, the second was done using a desktop pic offered on Blizzard Enterainment's StarCraft 2 web site. I added some concept art and character info screens from the Official Blizzard StarCraft 2 site. (click on the image for larger view)



I tried to add some improvements to the video presentation, but I know there're not fully sucessful. My focus is a little soft, sorry (I think the auto focus gets confused by the page flipping. I'll try manual focus next time). I tried cut to tighter shots for the flipping action to give everyone a better look at that. Hope you liked it.

I'm going to send a couple of copies to Blizzard and see if I can produce them for all the StarCraft fans. As usual, your comment and suggestions are welcomed.

I did a second Dragonfly Flipz (Toon Flipz)this past week for another all time fan favorite preview trailer. But, I want to sent it to the creators company first to get their reaction, if possible, before posting it. Keep checking in, it's a knock out.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats sick, good job.. Post it up at http://www.StarcraftVanilla.com