Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sunday Music Muse Day - Sylvain Luc, Jazz The Definitive Performance

This Sunday Music Muse day is a short one to catch up with the CDs I  bought tn Ottawa, Canada, last month.  I've been giving all repeated listening. This week, Sylvain Luc Organic, is a guitarist lead trio I never heard of before, but they're quite good.  It's nice to find new music, it makes me want to seek out their another work.  Nice CD packaging, also.  The leaf and type is printed on a clear plastic sleeve. 




Next is an impressive anthology collection of Columbia Records recordings.  Jazz: The Definitive Performance is like a mini-version of Ken Burns Jazz documentary and CD collection. The first track is from 1917 and last 1997, and the musical odyssey in between is just wonderful to listen to.  I highly recommend this series, like this, to get a fuller understanding of the timeless nature of jazz in all its forms. It's add treat that my father, drummer Sam Woodyard,  plays on one of the two Duke Ellington tunes featured. This 2 CD set is definitely worth checking out.






So, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

No comments: