Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sunday Music Muse Day - Rale Micic, Gerry Gibbs and the Thrasher Band

Here's my Sunday Music Muse Day post, actually on Sunday.  First up, Rale Micic 3. This guitarist twas totally new to me.  I just picked up the CD for cheap, because it looked like a young jazz guitar trio.  It turned out to be a good CD.  It's rather low-key with almost introspective feel.  The trio consist of Rale Micic, on guitar, Scott Colley, on bass , and Gregory Hutchinson, on drums, playing mostly original tunes my Micic.  Again, none of these musicians were known to me, but that's the fun of CD collecting, finding diamonds in the rough. Looking him up on the web, he has released five albums, and has played with one of my favorite guitarists, the late John Abercrombie. So, I figure I'll keep an eye out for his other releases.




Next up, is Gerry Gibbs and the Thrasher Band Faces Unknown. I have several of drummer/leader Gerry Gibbs Thrasher Dream Trio CDs, but this Thrasher Band seem to be a special group Gerry moved from San Antonio, Texas to LA, after help establish a vibrant jazz scene, and creative community in San Antonio. All the band members, except for Gibbs, are new to me, but the music is lively and interesting. Definitely worth a listen.





So, enjoy your day, and try to find some music to lift your spirits.





No comments: