Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sunday Music Muse Day.

 I'm back after a two break from posting a Sunday Music Muse Day item, so not to compete with the CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival. Lisa and & I were part of it as street team volunteers for the Jazz 90.1 radio station booth.  My first selection for today's post was a feature act, Pat Metheny Dream Box.  I didn't get to see his performance this year.  This release is a solo effort of basic private recording idea between and during gig dates. I've included his inner notes. It's a nice intimate look into his creative process. Check them out.





My second selection was a pleasant surprise. The Charlie Byrd Trio I've Got the World on a String.  This is a remastered reissue of a session recorded and released in 1994, with Joe Byrd on bass, Chuck Redd on Drums, and Charlie Byrd on guitar and vocals.  Vocals? That surprised me because of all the CDs I have of legendary guitarist, I don't recall him singing.  Lisa commented that she immediately liked his singing.  Like I said, a pleasant surprise.




So, I hope everyone is enjoying our ever-changing summer weather.  Enjoy


No comments: