Sunday, July 9, 2023

Nickel City Comic Con & Empire Comic Fest 5

 The past two weekends I got chance to attend two local comic cons.  First was the Nickel City Comic Con in Buffalo, NY. I made a special trip to see Bob Camp, co creator of REN & Stimpy animated series. Bob and I were co-workers briefly for Rankin/Bass produces of Thundercats, Silverhawks and other classic show. I hadn’t seen Bob since the 80’s (?), but we have been in touch online.  I was great seeing him and his wife Michele.  Bob had some very funny stories about Ren and Stimpy.


Just yesterday I attended the Empire Comic Fest 5 at of love JCC here in Brighton NY (Rochester).  It was a smaller con, with several guests and vendors.  I mention to pick two books the caught my eye, but I actually looking to sell my collection , so buying more is not in my plans. 

 


No comments: