Sunday, February 13, 2022

Super Bowl Sunday Football Toys and Games I owned.

Today's the Super Bowl and it got me thinking toys I played over the years related to football. in my teens it was the classic Tudor Electric Football game, witht tin playing field that the player pieces moved by a vibrating motor. I hand painted the teams, one was always the NY Giants. I give my brother my original set, but I still have re-issued copy in th basement.



Later, came Mattle Electronic Football hand helds, simple but loads of fun.



When I got my first computer. an Amiga 2000, the first game I got was Gridiron, where the player were dots on the screen, the TV Sport Football, a precurser to John Madden Football (actually I never got into Madden Football on the Playstation).









One of the odder items was the Battleball board game, a futuristic football game. Honestly I bought it for the action figure game pieces, but my son actually borrowed it to play it with his college roommates.





I'll being watch a little of the game tonight, but Lisa and I plan to cut away at 8pm to watch our usual PBS shows. Everyne else enjoy your Super Bowl.

No comments: