Sunday, February 6, 2022

Sunday Music Muse Day - Larry Coryell, Ron Affif

Today's Sunday Music Muse Day selections feature two  jazz guitarist leading groups through some great playing of Bebop and Post-Bebop tunes that will be familiar to anyone who follows jazz.  First up, Larry Coryell Shining Hour, a session by the late guitartist recorded in 1989.  Best known as a pioneering jazz fusion player, this CD highlights his deep straight head jazz chops.



Next is Ron Afffif Vield Blues, has second release as a leader recorded in 1994.  Again, this session is full of tunes that will bring a smile to any  jazz lover's face. I admit I've only came upon Ron Affif by chance in the last few years, but I've enjoy every CD I've found. I'll keep my eye out for more.





So, what better way to spend a winter afternoon or evening than to enjoy some swinging jazz guitar music.  Enjoy.

No comments: