Sunday, June 20, 2021

Old Gods & New - A Companion to Jack Kirby's Fourth World by John Morrow

Happy Father's Day to all dads, present, past, and future. I'll be spending part of my Father's Day with IMOP  the father of modern comic books, Jack Kirby. Old Gods & New - A companion to Jack Kirby's FOURTH WORLD by Hohn Morrow with Jon Cooke is just what I need to dig more deeply into Kirby's FOURTH WORLD as I wasn't a consistent reader of the various series the make this post-Marvel phase of Kirby's career. I'd pick up random issues of Mister Miracle, Kamandi, Demon, and others but enough to get a complete handle on whole concept.  Just browsing through this book there is tons of information and great art I haven' seen before.  I'm looking forward to diving in.  I ordered this week ago, and it arrived this week to make a nice Father Day gift. 







No comments: