Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday Music Muse Day - Julia Hulsmann Trio, Ralph Towner

Today's Sunday Music Muse day selections are from ECM records were the perfect to counter the dark gloomy skies of the weather.  Julia Hulsmann Trio The End of a Summer is nice introspective session well worth a listen.  This pianist's music was new to me.  I just picked up this CD on the strength of ECM's reputation. I'm glad I did.







My next is an old favorite I had on vinyl for a long time, but since I sold all my vinyl records this week I didn't mind buying this as a replacement.  Ralph Towner Solo Concert has several favorite tunes, his rendition of John Abercrombie's Ralph's Piano Waltz and Timeless, and Miles Davis' Nardis. You can't go wrong in seeking out this music in any format.





Happily, the sun actually came out late afternoon, in time for a nice walk around the neighborhood. This evening will still be a good time to give these two CD another listen.


No comments: