Monday, June 15, 2020

Sunday Music Muse Day - Bill Conners

This Sunday music Muse Day I had a single pick, Bill Conners Of Mist and Melting.  This is one of ECM re-issue of classic albums from their deep catalog.  This Bill Conners was the original electric guitar in Chick Corea's Return to Forever, the legendary Jazz-Fusion group.  Bill Conner left after the first album to pursue a solo career.  Of Mist and Melting is one in series of albums for ECM where he plays acoustic guitar.  I already had this on vinyl from it's original release in 1978, but couldn't resist getting it for the convenience of the CD format. 



I actually have cassette tape of an unreleased solo concert of Bill Conners, playing classical guitar  at the Tralfamadore Cafe in Buffalo, NY.  (early 1980s ?) from Public Radio program.


I'm always tempted to upload this to youtube for Bill Conners and ECM fans, I'm torn on the issue of bootleg material that doesn't benefit the artist. Having a lot of professional musician friends, as an artist myself control of your is important.  I'm hoping the concert still exist in vault somewhere and it released someday.

No comments: