Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sunday Music Muse Day - Pat Metheny, Michael Brecker

The Sunday Music Muse Day lands on Easter Sunday and Passover holidays. Much peace and love to all my friends, and their families, who celebrate these holidays.  As for me I'll enjoy some tunes after a long walk grocery shopping trip with Lisa.  First up, is Pat Metheny Unity Band, a some what straight forward, muscular, group than some of his groups.  The playing borders on Hard Bop (?). Of course, I could be totally wrong on that.



My next selection is bitter sweet one, Michael Brecker Pilgramage.  I've knew late saxophonist mostly from the days of The Brecker Brothers Band the jazz/funk fusion group in the 1970s,  he had with his brother, Randy, who played Trumpet and flugelhorn. Pilgramage is a straight ahead jazz outing with stellar group of sidemen, including Pat Metheny.  That said, the music didn't grab me.  I found it unfocused. Music reviews on online gives this 5 stars, so what do I know. I admit the fact that this was his last session before passing away five months later is very sad.




Again, here's wishing everyone a peaceful and loving Easter/Passover holiday. Enjoy

No comments: