Thursday, September 8, 2016

Star Trek 50th Anniversary

Here's my tribute to the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek, with random items off my book shelf, a 10th anniversary window sticker, the 25th Anniversary computer game, Star Trek pop-up book, a 1973 Star Trek Convention program, a Deep Space Nine mini-comic, and a Captain Jean-Luc Picard action figure.
 I don't think I ever got to saw an original Star Trek broadcast, as my sisters overruled my choice of TV viewing in our one TV household. I caught up on Star Trek in syndication after I moved to NYC in my last year at SVA. In many ways I prefer the Star Trek universe over Star Wars as Star Trek was about exploration and discovery and how we handle the moral, social , and political aspects of those new encounters. The show offered a vision of hope for a better tomorrow. That alone made me a fan. Live long and proper.

No comments: