Sunday, September 18, 2016

Autumn, time for a Change

Since September is my birth month, I tend to think of it as a time for a fresh start as we head into autumn, a time for change. So, my aim is to spend more time in this studio chair, actually doing creative stuff. To support the desire, I'm resigned from my part-time job at the Brighton Memorial Library, which is a bitter-sweet decision, since I made a lot of good friends there, and will miss our daily interactions. But, with Lisa's cancer battle, the boys going off to college, me reaching my full social security age, and the grind working two jobs, I felt it was time for pull back a bit. In truth, the tipping point was at a family meal in August before the boys left, and Lisa mentioned she would have to get used to eating dinner alone as an empty-nester, with me working evenings. That thought pained me. Some things are worth more than money. So, hopefully I will use the free time productively and hit all those projects I put on the back-burner while I worked 50 hours a week. (I'll be keeping my full-time job, but getting off at 4pm will seem like a half day) If nothing else I'll be able to help with dinner and enjoy the company of my lovely wife at the dinner table. Wish me luck.

No comments: