Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday Music Muse Day - The Hudson Project, Grant Green

On this Sunday Music Muse Day, a snowy Spring day at that, I'm warming my soul with two good musical selections.  I like picking through the used CD bins in hope of finding new artists, and old favorites in new settings, and this first pick fits the latter.  The Hudson Project has several of my favorite players,  guitarist John Abercrombie, and drummer Peter Erskine, with saxophonist Bob Mintzer and bassist John Patitucci in a live set recorded in New York City for a performance/clinic tour for D'Addario Company. Each player is a talented leader in their own right.  This set has eight tunes, two by each band member.  It is a really enjoyable CD.


My second selection, offers the funky side of jazz, with Grant Green Ain't it Funky Now!  The title says it all.


These will hold me until next time.  There is a special retail event coming in the next week or so, National Record Day, Saturday, April 18.  All my CD/record stores will be having sales, exclusives, and in store events, so some good buys should present themselves.  I'll be sure to share them here.


No comments: