Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday Music Muse Day - Miles Brown Trio - Bill Bruford - Miciel Borstlap

This week's Sunday Music Muse Day post features two drummer i enjoy.  First, the Miles Brown Trio. I hadn't heard the leader, bassest Miles Brown, or his father Steve Brown, but I'm good friends with drummer, Rich Thompson. (I looked the group up online)So, that why I bought the CD. This is 2009 recording of original copositions and jazz standards.  There  Rich Thompson tune "More or Less" I knew from his own recording as a leader.  This is solid  jazz trio outing, worth giving it a listen.






My second selection is Bill Bruford - Michiel Borstlap - In Two Minds. I must admit this is a much more subdued outing you'd expect from the former King Crimson drummer and leader of his own jazz fusion band.  The liner notes state: "This music was recorded direct to CD...(at a concert)...Audience noise and applause has been removed...The music was improvised without proir discussion..." Sound like they were going for almost a free jazz concert. recording.  I like the results.










                                     

So that's this weeks post. Enjoy the last day  of summer and the school year begins for many. Peace.

No comments: