Sunday, September 29, 2024

RIP Mike Swanigan - Animation veteran

I'm joining my fellow friends and coworkers, in responding to the sad news of the passing of one of our own. Mike Swanigan, animation veteran. As Tom Sito, said, "Mike was a character." But, beside his long work resume, one of his lasting legacies will be as publisher of animation books, and espeically Toon Magazine, one of the best animation mags, ever. His vision and focus was more on the artists and creative staff, than the companies' execs. Toon Magazine is full of animation art that's a treasure trove for animation fans. I hope someone archives and reprints all the issues. This is a picture of my stash. I first thought of just posting this one pic, but after browsing through them again, I have to post more in his honor. I even got a mention for working on Men in Black with Frank Paur. RIP Mike and thanks, for the memories.






No comments: