Sunday, December 17, 2023

Sunady Music Muse Day (Covid Edition) John & David Sneider, Gene Bertonciini

This Sunday Music Muse Day find me fighting the ever present Covid-19 virus (first time).  It's been a week and I'm still testing positive, but I must say all things considered, I'm having a mild case, so far. More like a bad cold. Rest and hydration seems to being doing the trick. Luckily, before being forced to quarantine, I get these two jazz gems to help me get back to health.  First, John & David Sneider Sneid Remarks, a family affair from the members of one of the most talented musical families I have come across.  They are of course related to guitarist and Eastman School of Music instructor Bob Sneider, and Bob's talent son Ben Snieder, who just give his Senior recital at Eastman school.  I had the pleasure of hearing, meeting, and talking to John and David at Bobs's gigs from time to time.   Sneid Remarks is an impressive outing of this father-son trumpet duo presenting a set of all originals. I'll be spending a lot of time with this CD. David's tune, "Freedom Tunnel" is already being a favorite of mine. One last note, the cover photo and design is pure jazz classic imagery. Good job, guys. Buy this CD by all means.


Next is Gene Bertoncini Body and Soul, an excellent 5-star rated solo CD the great guitarist, with a stellar career as a leader, sideman, and educator, included teaching at the Eastman School of Music.  This 1999 recording session first of two solo recordings, the second was "Quiet Now" (2015), which I have, also.  The music is truly positive medicine for my "body and soul" right now. Well worth a listen.








Again, these are two gems, not to be missed.  Hopefully, I'll all recovered by the Christmas day.  Thanks, again, for all the well-wishes.


No comments: