Sunday, September 10, 2023

Sunday Music Muse Day - Steward Copland, The Chrlie Byrd Trio

This Sunday Music Muse Day finds celebrating my 73rd birthday. (maybe I should stop counting them?). Really. I'm fine getting older, there's not much you can do about it. Beside there still is so much good music to discover. Let's start with Steward Copland Police Deranged For Orchestra.  As the title states, this is the music of the Police he rearranged and deconstructed to be preformed my orchestra.  The attended his live date near in Rochester, with the add bonus for seeing my friend guitarist Bob Snieder performing with Copland on stage. The Police may have been the last popular rock group I actually followed, and each member of the Police solo career projects after their breakup. This is a fun CD, But I hope he does a live release to include his humorous banter, and stories, he offers during the live set.


to be 


Next selection is The Charlie Byrd Trio Au Courant.  This 1997 recording session offer a nice mellow set that perfect for fall Sunday.  Not much to say but, it's to be enjoyed.




So, Thanks, again, to all my friend for the birthday wishes. 



No comments: