Sunday, December 9, 2018

Sunday Music Muse Day - John Nyerges, Gerry Mulligan Quartet

Again, this Sunday Music Muse Day finds us continuing our countdown to Holiday's big events.  Here's some good tunes counter the onslaught of holiday music.  First up is John Nyerges Jazz, Pictures and Poems.  I admit pianist Nyerges is new to me, but his sidemen on this 2007 session included  Rich Thompson (drums), Clay Jenkins (trumpet) and Jeff Campbell (bass) who make up the group Trio East, who I've featured many times before.  It's nice to hear them in solid support of Nyerges's originals.


Next up is an another Gerry Mulligan find, Gerry Mulligan with Chet Baker  Reunion.  This is an interesting collection of mono recorded tracks, and alternate takes, from the 1950s and 60's. You can't go wrong with Mulligan and Baker in any format.

Next week, we plan to get the Christmas tree, so I expect I'll post some holiday music favorites. Still enjoy.

No comments: