Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday Music Muse Day Ralph Towner 80th Birthday, John Mclauglin

This Sunday Music Muse Day must bring good Karma, as I picked my first selection, Ralph Towner My Foolish Heart,  to start my morning before I found out it was Ralph's birthday. Happy birthday Ralph, and thanks for the music.



Next is a collection of John McLaughlin CDs I found in one shopping trip to Record Archive.  With McLaughlin being one of my favorite I have to have them all.  I will admit I'm a little disappointed in the Remember Shakti CDs, as there isn't as much of John guitar playng as I would want.






The other three are electric band released in 2008, 2010, and 2015. With McLaughlin's blistering sonic barrage of notes you always find true gems of inspiration. The tune 'El Hombre Que Sabia" on the Black Light CD is one for me. 








I have more than enough full my listening hours with pleasure.  Hope you'll do the same. Enjoy.

No comments: