Sunday, October 14, 2018

Inktober 2018 Sketches - so far. Day 1 to 12.

I doing the Inktober challenge. "Every October, artists all over the world take on the Inktober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month." You can get the full info at their website: Inktober

I find I mostly get to spend a hour or two, after work, on these, so I'm not aiming for great pieces. It just a way to get back into drawing and breaking out creative slump. Enjoy.



 Below in the rough pencil sketch of "Spell".



 Here's an alternate idea for "exhausted", but the marathon runner doesn't have the visual impact of of the boxer.
 The destructive fire that wild fires the struck so western region this year, left i thinking how precious the  beauty of nature is, and how quick we could lose it.
I'm in no way making fun of the hardship people are dealing with in the wake of hurricane Michael this week, but poking fun at the weather reporters is fair game.
 I found many artist submissions for "cruel" on the Inktober Facebook page was dark an depressing. So, I try to lighten things up.
I saw the Gregory Peck, Moby Dick, movie as a kid and it scared the crap out of me, but I loved it. The scene where Ahab tangled dead body seemed to "beckon" his crew just stuck in the head. I need to see it again.
I'll update as I progress through the month.

1 comment:

Mike B. said...

These are all very enjoyable and "Star" brings back some good childhood memories. Thank you for sharing!