Thursday, April 6, 2017

Dime-A-Dozen Projects #4 - Minuteman & Falcon (not Marvel's Falcon)

[Dime-A-Dozen Projects is so named from a conversation with creative friends of mine as we lamented that when we were working full-time for someone else, we get these (in our minds) original million dollar ideas, that would, somehow, turn into "dime-a-dozen" ideas when we were out of work and on our own.]

Next up in my Dime-a-Dozen projects is more characters created in my early teen years. (1962 - 1969) is....

Minuteman
Minuteman was inspired, of course by Marvel Comic's Captain America.  Cap was revived in the comic world in the mid-1960s with hsi appearance in Avenger no. 4.

 I loved Captain America, but wanted to design my own patriotic supertrooper.  The name Minuteman was picked because it was the mascot of my high school, Thomas Jefferson High School.




Of course I couldn't resist trying my hand at some Captain America comic art. It was a original story, with another Marvel favorite, Electra as a foe.  I did these sample pages to submit to Marvel Comics.  I did show them and got a nice rejection letter to prove it.






This is one of the last drawing of Minuteman done in the 2008.
 Falcon is character I created just based on the name and a costume idea.  
 Just by coincidence, Captain America introduced a partner called Falcon, who appears in the new movies.
 My Falcon had the ability to fly with the aid of gadget on his back, but other then that, I can't remember what else he had going for him.
So far, Falcon has flew his last, and Minuteman is retired, at least for now.

No comments: