Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Music Muse Day - Carlos Santana concert at CMAC

Today's Sunday Music Muse Day finds me recovering from great concert I attended last night by legendary rock guitarist Carlos Santana and his group at CMAC (The Constellation Brands-Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center) an outdoor concert venue in the Town of Hopewell, is just east of the City of Canandaigua on the grounds of Finger Lakes Community College.  The concert is billed as the Corazón tour.  The evening started with small, but pleasant, tailgate party hosted my the friend and neighbor, Bruce Younger and his wife Fran. (Thanks, again, Bruce for getting the tickets, back in November) 
 This was my first time a CMAC, which is a nice open air venue, if you have good weather, which we did, it's a great place to take in a concert.  Santana give a great concert is his signature brand of Latin-favored hard driving rock.  The set included a lot of old favorites and hits.  He give a spot light to his son, Salvador Santana, a sort of passing the musical torch to the next generation.   I personally wasn't too impressed his music which seemed more aimed the Hip-Hop crowd.

 I mostly enjoyed hearing that classic Santana guitar tone. 
 So, of course I had to revisit my Santana collections of music.  I don't have everything he's done but I do have t a nice mix of the early Santana band LPs and the Devadip Carlos Santana period LPs.

 One of the Santana LPs the Lotus, 3 LP set, originally released in 1974 as a triple vinyl LP in Japan only.  It has a crazy amount packaging art and foldput posters, Only some are show here.



 I spent the afternoon playing a lot of Santana discography.  Not a bad way to spent a Sunday afternoon.


No comments: