Sunday, September 20, 2020

Jimi Hendrix Tribute - 50th Anniversary of his passing.

 Jimi Hendrix died on September 18, 1970. Usually, I don't like to commemorate deaths, I prefer to celebrate the birthdays of living, and departed. But since  so many remembrance popped up in news outlets and social media the event was hard too avoid.  Jimi Hendrix was one of my main early rock guitar hero (followed by Eric Clapton with Cream, and Jeff Beck). Sadly, I never got to see him play live. I was in the Basement Coffee House, a SVA and Baruch student hangout in the basement of Lutheran church on 22nd off 3rd Ave, NYC, when I heard of his death. I was stunned and shocked. Our illustration instructor assigned us to do a memorial album cover for him. I did a black on black portrait for my cover (flat and glossy acrylic paint) I still have somewhere. It's incredible how his impact is still being felt in music today, and not just an oldies Rock way.

So, Here's are my personal art tributes to Jim Hendrix, from old files.





Jimi asked "Are You Experienced?" After listening to his music we can all say, "I am".

No comments: